To apply for citizenship you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have been a Legal Permanent Resident for at least 5 years, or 3 years if married to a US citizen
- Must have good moral character
- Must speak, write, and read basic English
During your appointment you will need the following documents:
- Identification (driver's license, state ID)
- Permanent Resident Card
- Social Security Card
- All current and expired passports
- Dates and locations of travel outside the US for the past 5 years, including short trips
- Addresses and dates for places of residence, employment, and/or school attended in the past 5 years.
- name, date of birth, address and date of marriage for the current spouse, social security number, permanent residence number if applicable.
- Criminal record - if you have ever come in contact with a law enforcement agency, police, ICE, or immigration services, you must bring all documents/records connected to any detention, arrest, conviction. Final certified court disposition.
- If applicable, bring a letter certifying you receive benefits like medi-Cal and food stamps or bring your taxes for the previous year.
You’re one step closer to Citizenship!
CALL TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT 714-210-4730 EXT.9
IMPORTANT: If you have been DETAINED, ARRESTED, HAVE FAILED to pay “CHILD SUPPORT”, and or HAVE FAILED TO PAY YOUR TAXES, you must bring your document records to the fair. Also, if you’ve had a DUI in the last 5 years please bring with you any police or court records.